|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Vela's late goal helps LAFC to 1-1 tie with FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Chile begins Copa America title defense with win over Japan
- For US men, Gold Cup finally brings chance for revival
- Norway knocks South Korea out of World Cup with 2-1 victory
- Brazil not eager to advance by settling for a draw
- France goes 3-0 at World Cup with 1-0 win over Nigeria
- Germany beats South Africa 4-0 to win World Cup group
- Australia and Sam Kerr quiet the haters at the World Cup
- Uruguay's Vecino out of Copa America after thigh injury
- Spain and China advance with scoreless draw
- Chelsea mired in uncertainty as challenges grow
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Carlos Vela scored a late goal and Los Angeles FC rallied for a 1-1 tie with FC Dallas on Sunday night.
FC Dallas (5-5-3), which is winless in its last five games, played a man down after Matt Hedges was shown a red card for denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by Carlos Vela in the 49th minute.
Vela converted from the spot in the 80th, after having a penalty kick stopped by goalkeeper Jose Luis Gonzalez in the 45th minute, to tie it at 1-all. Vela leads MLS with 14 goals this season.
Dominique Badji bent a low cross around defender Eddie Segura to a charging Ryan Hollingshead, who first-timed the finish from near the spot to make it 1-0 in the 29th minute.
LAFC (9-1-4), which beat FC Dallas 2-0 at home on Thursday, is unbeaten in its last six games.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 19, 2019