Norway knocks South Korea out of World Cup with 2-1 victory
European Football Headlines
- FC Tokyo beats Shimizu 2-0 to stay top of J-League
- Hernandez scores winner for Leeds in injury time
- Senegal loss a missed chance for Mane, more pain for Cisse
- Pulisic makes 1st appearance for Chelsea, in exhibition
- Algeria wins African Cup title, beats Mane's Senegal 1-0
- UEFA punishes Bulgaria, Romania for fan racism
- Nishino aims to make Thailand regional soccer power
- De Ligt not fazed by price tag after Juventus move
- FIFA-backed students sent out to help run world sports
- Ebobisse scores in 83rd, Timbers tie Orlando City 1-1
REIMS, France (AP) Norway knocked South Korea out of the Women's World Cup by scoring on two penalties in a 2-1 victory Monday.
Caroline Graham Hansen scored after five minutes and Isabell Herlovsen beat goalkeeper Kim Min-jung from the spot six minutes into the second half.
Yeo Min-ji converted in the 78th minute but couldn't spark a South Korean comeback.
South Korea went 0-3 in France with one goal while allowing eight. Norway advanced to the round of 16 as runners up in Group A, which was won by host nation France.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 17, 2019