Wife: David Ortiz in good condition, out of intensive care
- Rivera closes Hall induction ceremony
- Brewers' Woodruff exits, headed to IL
- Astros win 5th in row, Rangers' skid 7
- Paxton stumbles again, Yankees' run ends
- Wojciechowski helps O's 1-hit Red Sox
BOSTON (AP) David Ortiz's wife says he has moved out of intensive care.
Tiffany Ortiz said in a statement distributed by the Red Sox on Saturday that the ex-Boston slugger remains hospitalized and in good condition, almost two weeks after he was shot in the back while at a club in the Dominican Republic.
Ortiz was flown to Boston the next day for treatment.
Dominican prosecutors say Ortiz was attacked in a case of mistaken identity by a gunman who was hired to kill an auto shop owner.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 22, 2019