Red Sox INF Holt leaves with left hamstring tightness
- Leake perfect into 9th, shuts out Angels
- Mets err in 10th; Giants win 7th in row
- Cards score 10 in 6th, beat Reds 12-11
- Encarnación hits slam, Yanks top Rockies
- Braves edge Nats on Donaldson walk-off
BOSTON (AP) Red Sox infielder Brock Holt has left Sunday's game against Toronto in the fourth inning with left hamstring tightness.
Holt singled with one out in the second, advanced on Christian Vazquez's single and was cut down at the plate by left fielder Lourdes Gurriel Jr.'s throw trying to score on Jackie Bradley Jr.'s single.
Holt was replaced by Eduardo Nunez in the top of the fourth.
Holt has been Boston's hottest hitter since returning from the injured list on May 27, leading the team with a .357 average coming into Sunday.
He went on the IL on April 7 with a scratched right cornea and also on injured his right shoulder while on a rehab assignment.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 23, 2019